10 Random Things About Me
January 9, 2009 § 5 Comments
Ok….I got tagged…..by Hajar over at Tales From An American Nomad
a) first list 10 honest things about yourself – and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
b) pass the award on to 7 bloggers
1) I love to laugh…I hate to be tickled. When I was young, both parents and my sister would hold me down and tickle me. Tell me a good joke or have me watch a funny movie we are okay…tickle me and it is war.
2) I didn’t eat a salad until I has 17 years old. I would go to a salad bar and eat bits of ham and croutons, loaded with Italian dressing. As a matter of fact, I am still kind of finicky when it comes to food. I hate lettuce on sandwiches and burgers. I will not eat anything with mustard on it or in it. It makes me sick.
3) I’m a self admitted quitter. I am learning to change that habit. I quit violin lessons, swim team, a myriad of other school sports. If I wasn’t comfortable, I just quit. There were so many times during the course of our IF that I just wanted to give up. I am glad I didn’t.
4) I am a HUGE fan of the Philadelphia Phillies and the Philadelphia Eagles. I am more of a fan than most guys I know, including my hubby.
5) I love stupid, useless trivia. I am a wealth of little known facts. I am the female embodiment of Cliff Clavin from Cheers.
6) I hate breaking a large bill. It kills me to break a $50 or $100 bill. I know, it’s weird. I will wait until the last possible opportunity to use it.
7) I refuse to pay full price. Does that make me thrifty? The kids have some “new” stuff…..not that I bought for them, but my family buys for them. I am all about consignment and thrift shops. I am a coupon clipper. I call my mom on those occasions when I have saved more than I have spent at the grocery store.
8) I could live on sushi. I love it. Love, Love, Love it. Other than sleep, it is my favorite thing.
9) I am more Canadian than American. Someone do the math on this. I was born here to my mother who is 1/2 Canadian and father who is 100% Canadian. I always say that I can be more cold-blooded because of my pedigree being from the Great White North. My Great-Grandmother on my dad’s side was a full blood Blackfoot Indian and was put into a “white” school when she was a little girl. On a trip across country, my parents stopped on a reservation in Northern Montana and saw a girl who looked and was built just like me. I just have curlier hair and freckles…..but shoulders like a friggin linebacker… I am the only one in my family with dark eyes, my build, my athleticism and the only one who doesn’t immediately burn when exposed to the sun. I get tan…..My sister and I both have a genetic trait that we got from my dad that is a dead giveaway to the Blackfoot, we have mandibular tori. Look it up.
10) I love photography. I so want a digital SLR but am going to wait. I have two babies and cannot be selfish like that. Especially since the ones I like are several thousand dollars. I started working in a darkroom i our basement when I was 8 years old. I love the magic. And it will always be magic to me.