June 8, 2009 § 4 Comments
So, I decided to call the embryo adoption facilitator today to just check in and see what was going on witht he status of the adoptive couple and the frosties. If you remember, I had to run and get a ton of blood work done to suit the specifics that their lab required. I had to do this with the twins in tow. The couple did reimburse me for the blood work and they were essentially all set to take possession of the frosties in April or May. So, here it is in June and I have heard nothing.
Well, as it turn out…they tried “something different”. And they are pregnant. Good for them. But, the original agreement was that they were going to pay for the storage costs of the frosties. Now, they want to keep us “on the back burner” in case this pregnancy fails. We have been paying $125 per quarter since 4/07. This does add up and we were going to just pay off the credit card that the storage is being billed to. But, it is really going to be up to these folks if they decided to honor their original agreement.
It also leaves us with frosties again and the search for another family.
I want to be happy for them. I really do. But at the same time, I am miffed. They were all about our frosties. And then poof! I am not sure what I am supposed to be feeling. Our second choice family is pregnant too.
At least the facilitator is on our side. She has sentthe email requesting that they abide by their original agreement.