Sunday Recipe…… Just had to share….
June 6, 2010 § Leave a comment
GRILLED VEGETABLE PLATTER
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 small carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into four wedges
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, honey, 1 tablespoon vinegar, oregano and garlic powder. Pour 3 tablespoons marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the vegetables. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Place vegetables on a grilling grid. Transfer to grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a large serving platter. Combine reserved marinade and remaining vinegar; drizzle over vegetables. Sprinkle with pepper and salt. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 144 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Grilling up summer fun (realmendriveminivans.com)
- Gourmet Grilling on a Budget (mint.com)
- Feta-stuffed Greek Burgers (notecook.com)